Everyone of all ages is invited to participate in HCC’s Photo Contest. It costs $5 to enter the contest, and contestants can submit up to two photos per category. Please email your photos to Kymberly at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Photo Contest” as the subject line. Be sure to state the category for each photo. The deadline (no pun intended) to submit the photos is FEBRUARY 28, 2018. All photos must be taken at Congressional Cemetery. The panel of judges consists of staff members.
Prize: First place winners in each category will have their photo printed out on a canvas and hung on the walls in the gatehouse. Additionally, winning photos will be featured in the newsletter, website, and our social media accounts, along with future HCC gift shop items.
· Dogs: Photos in this category must include at least one dog at the cemetery.
· People: At least one person must be included in photos submitted in this category.
· The Built Environment: Photos in this category focus on aspects of the built environment, including stones, mausoleums, the totem poles, monuments, the chapel, and the gatehouse.
· Landscape: Photos in this category highlight landscape features at the cemetery such as trees, flowers, or the dog spa.
· Sunrise/sunset: This category includes photos of the sun rising or setting in the cemetery
· Kids Only: Only kids 12 and under can submit photos in this category.
At a later date, we will host an "art show" in the chapel where all entries will be displayed in a slideshow. Light snacks and drinks will be provided.